Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mesquite Canyon 50k

Time has flown by... it feels like you can measure time differently in relation to racing seasons. This being my second year running the Mesquite Canyon 50k held in Waddell, Arizona and hosted by Aravaipa Running. I gotta say... the regional park out there is awesome. If you ever come out to Phoenix check out White Tank Regional Park. It's a gem.

This year felt much different than last... I didn't know near the amount of people like I do know. It felt like running with a bunch of friends. It might be even a disadvantage in that way for me as I don't feel as competitive when it's that way. For me the race went decent. There are some things I have learned as of recent in regards to nutrition that would be helped a tremendous amount but no changing that now. I felt overall much better than I did last year and I ran 24min. faster. I can't complain! The race gave me some much needed motivation or spark that I was looking for. That's all that counts, in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to future races now and even perhaps a summer race. I have Zane Grey 50m next month in April and I may consider doing a 24-hour run like Nanny Goat in May. I'm intrigued on how far I can on a mile loop type course. I don't think open flat running is where my strength lies but I don't think I'm the slowest one in the bunch either... so we'll see.




No comments:

Post a Comment